- Average temperature 20-28°C (68-82°F).
- January to March are usually the months of highest rainfall – usually fantastic hot days followed by occasional tropical storms. Humidity can sometimes be high but is often tempered by the cool sea breezes. The cool rainforests and mountain creeks are a wonderful retreat from the hot summer days.
- Currency – To ensure the most accurate current rate of exchange visitors are advised to convert foreign currency to Australian Dollars at a bank or financial institution.
- Tipping – Tipping is not a requirement in Australia though some people do so if they are extremely pleased with the service.
- Driving – Australians drive on the left hand side of the road.
- Four Winds Revolving Restaurant at The Park Royal Hotel
- Grumpy’s River Inn Restaurant
- Sanctuary Cove Brewery
- The Great Khan Mongolian B.B.Q.
- Most public commuting on the Coast is by Bus. Timetables are available through Surfside Buslines (ph 55 367 666) which offer a 24 hour service along the highway. Look for the stops at 300 metre intervals.
- A Monorail runs from The Oasis Shopping Centre to The Casino at Broadbeach.
- Taxis and Limousines are available all over the Gold Coast and if necessary even Water Taxis are available.
- Pedicab – This service operates around Surfers Paradise mainly, it is inexpensive and good fun.