LADIES EUROPEAN TOUR
QUALIFYING SCHOOL FOR THE 2004 SEASON
The Tour Qualifying School for the 2004 Season will be held at Aroeira II Course, Aroeira Golf Club, Costa da Caparica, Lisbon, Portugal (note that Aroeira I Course will not be used). A pre-qualifying competition (Stage I) will be held prior to the Final Stage of the Qualifying School, to allow as many players as possible the opportunity of attempting to qualify for the Tour for the 2004 Season. Current Ladies European Tour Members will be exempt from Stage I providing they meet one of the following criteria:
- held exemption category 7 or above for the 2003 Season
- feature on the published Final Order of Merit following the Biarritz Ladies Classic (having achieved points and played the minimum number of events)
The number of qualifying places has now been determined following the closing date for entries – there will be a field of 85 players competing in Stage I, from which 56 (and ties) will qualify and join the 34 players already exempt to make a field of 90 players (and ties) at the Final Stage.
For a full list of competitors click here or visit the “Statistics Centre” section of this website.
All competitors at the Final Stage will play three rounds, following which a cut will be made to the leading 50 players (and those tied for 50th place).
A Prize Fund of £10,000 (approximately €14,625) will be available at the Qualifying School, although note that competitors participating as Amateurs will not be eligible to receive payment. Also note that all Prize Fund payments will be issued in UK Pounds Sterling.
DATES AND FORMAT OF THE QUALIFYING SCHOOL
The format for the Tour Qualifying School for the 2004 season is summarized as follows:
- Monday 27 October 2003 – Official Practice Day (for Stage I competitors only)
- Tuesday 28 October 2003 – Round One of Pre-Qualifying / Stage I
- Wednesday 29 October 2003 – Final Round of Pre-Qualifying / Stage I
- Thursday 30 October 2003 – Official Practice Day
- Friday 31 October 2003 – Round One of Qualifying School / Final Stage
- Saturday 1 November 2003 – Round Two of Qualifying School / Final Stage
- Sunday 2 November 2003 – Round Three of Qualifying School / Final Stage (cut made to the leading 50 players and those tied for 50th place)
- Monday 3 November 2003 – Final Round of Qualifying School / Final Stage
Although the Official Practice Day for the Final Stage is Thursday 30 October 2003, limited practice for Final Stage competitors will also be available on the afternoons of Tuesday 28 and Wednesday 29 October 2003, following Rounds One and Two of Stage I.
All entrants should note that play may be continued on Tuesday 4 November if so required
The (Final Stage) Qualifying School shall be played over 72 holes (4 rounds) Stroke Play. There will be a cut after 54 holes to the leading 50 players and those tied for 50th place. At the conclusion of 72 holes, all players will be ranked according to score. All tied scores will be ranked by card play-off as follows: the best last 54, 36, 18, 9, 6, 3 and last hole, then Match Play from the first hole, if required. Note: Exemption Category 7 will include the players tied for places including 30th position at the Qualifying School.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ENTRY
- Be female and have been female at birth
- Be at least 18 years of age as at 31 December 2003
- Submit the fully completed entry form for the Qualifying School, together with the appropriate payment
- If already a Professional, be a member of a recognised Professional Golf Association or Tour The entry form must be supported by a reference from the Professional Golf Association or Tour
- If an amateur, hold a handicap of 1 (UK) or less, or the overseas equivalent The entry form must be supported by a copy of the handicap certificate
ENTRY FEE AND CLOSING DATE
- Entry Fee: £500
- Close of Entries: 17:00hrs (UK time) Monday 13 October 2003
Note: payment must be made in UK Sterling and will be accepted by cheque, postal order or banker’s draft (drawn on a UK bank) or by credit or debit card All entry forms MUST be accompanied by the entry fee.
All withdrawals must be notified to Ladies European Tour Headquarters in writing (fax or e-mail is acceptable)
- If a player withdraws prior to the close of entries, her entry fee will be refunded in full
- If a player withdraws after the close of entries, no refund will be made, unless the withdrawal is for medical reasons, when a refund of £400 will be made
Note: if the late withdrawal is for medical reasons, a medical certificate must be forwarded to Tour Headquarters within seven (7) days of the date of withdrawal (a faxed certificate will be accepted)
ENTRY FORMS AND INFORMATION PACKS
Entry Forms and further information are available from Tour Headquarters and are also available for download from this site (see below). Information Packs include travel information and an accommodation booking form.
To request an Entry Form and Information Pack, please submit your full name, postal address and telephone/fax number to Tour Headquarters:
Telephone: +44 (0) 1625 611444 Fax: +44 (0) 1625 610406 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, Entry Forms and Information Packs can be downloaded here. Note that these files are in Adobe PDF format – if you do not already have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your machine, download and install it here
Note that all of the following files make up the Qualifying School Information Pack and therefore all files should be downloaded:
- Qualifying School Entry Form
- Information and 2004 Exemption Categories
- Competitor Fact Sheet and Map/Directions
- Accommodation Booking Form
If you have any problems downloading or viewing the above files, please contact Tour HQ.