- Average temperature 16-25°C (61-77°F).
- The south of the island is generally not as windy as the North but will still see some medium-high winds.
- The golf course is located in the south and so the best places to stay are Playa de las Americas or Los Christianos.
- The nearest airport is Reina Sofia which is approximately 10km from the golf course.
- In Tenerife, traditionally for the first course, mixed vegetable stews and fish casseroles are both accompanied by the traditional toasted Canary flour (El Golfo) and chickpea dishes, are the most typical. The sardine and the chicharro are the most popular fresh water fish and the typical meat is pork.
- Meson Las Tapas: C.C. Pueblo Canario, Local Nº 204 – Playa de Las Americas – Tel (0034) 922 798 540.
- Bar Oasis (The Chicken Shack): This is based in Adeje (nr Pl de Las Americas) and serves only chicken! But, it is apparently THE best chicken around! It’s also very cheap at around €6 per head. This is the Press Officers favourite!!
- Golf Las Americas: 38650 Playa de las Americas (Arona) Tel: 00 34 922 752005 Fax: 00 34 922 795250.
- Information Bureau: Santa Cruz de Tenerife (Plaza de España) – 00 34 922 23 95 92
- National Police – 091 Local Police – 092