1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? My idea of perfect happiness is very difficult to answer because everything is always changing and I can’t single out one thing. I guess I would have to say trying to appreciate every moment of my life. That includes learning from the tough times and thoroughly enjoying the good.
2. What is your greatest fear? Spiders are definitely up there as one of my greatest fears. I have tried holding a couple of tarantulas to get over this and it’s helped a little.
3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? I would probably have to say the trait I most deplore in myself is that I often put things off. I tend to procrastinate.
4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Being judgmental is the trait I most deplore in others.
5. Which living person do you most admire? No name springs to mind. However, I admire those people that never give up in the face of adversity, try to help others and don’t take themselves too seriously.
6. What is your greatest extravagance? My greatest extravagance is probably the new bed I just bought with memory foam mattress and pillows. Roll on great night’s sleep.
7. What is your current state of mind?My current state of mind is focused.
8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?I consider egoism to be the most overrated virtue.
9. On what occasion do you lie?I may lie if it were to avoid hurting someone.
10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?I would probably have to say my nose.
11. Which living person do you most despise?I might not always like the choices people make but I don’t despise anyone.
12. What is the quality you most like in a man?I like a man with a sense of humour.
13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?A sense of humour also.
14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? I would have to say “dude”. I guess living in California for ten years has had its effect.
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? My family are my greatest loves.
16. When and where were you happiest? I am happiest when my family and friends get the board games out and we get competitive. There is always a lot of laughter and a lot of banter.
17. Which talent would you most like to have? I would love to be able to sing and play the guitar well.
18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I am always trying to improve myself. That ranges from my golf, to my fitness, to my diet and everything else in between.
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? I consider my degree from The University of California, Berkeley as one of my greatest achievements.
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? I think I would like to come back as a dolphin or a bird. There is a whole other world under the sea that would be fascinating to explore and I always imagine flying to be so liberating.
21. Where would you most like to live? I spend so much time travelling that I have absolutely no idea where I would like to set up home. I do always love coming back to Scotland but I feel it will live somewhere with a little more sunshine.
22. What is your most treasured possession? My most treasured possession would have to my stuffed panda that was given to me the day I was born. It looks a little worse for wear but it’s seen me through all sorts of times.
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? I would think that losing your family would be the lowest depths of misery.
24. What is your favourite occupation? Is that a trick question? I would say I have the best occupation is being a professional golfer.
25. What is your most marked characteristic? I would like to think my most marked characteristic is being kind.
26. What do you most value in your friends? I most value my friends honestly and understanding.
27. Who are your favourite writers? I enjoy the authors Ken Follett and Patricia Cornwell among others.
28. Who is your hero of fiction? She-Ra was always one of my favourite heroes of fiction when I was a child.
29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? I’m not sure I can liken myself to any historical figure.
30. Who are your heroes in real life? My heroes are those individuals who never give up and who try and help others where they can. My heroes are everywhere.
31. What are your favourite names? I like Nathan for a boy and I can’t decide about a girl’s name.
32. What is it that you most dislike? I dislike it when someone has a talent or a dream and they fail to pursue it.
33. What is your greatest regret? I don’t have any regrets. I feel that there are lessons to be learned from everything in life.
34. How would you like to die? When I’m 110 years old and celebrating the driver I have just hit into the hole on a par 3.
35. What is your motto? I don’t think I have a motto but I do have the words, “You think- You act- You ARE!” inscribed on the back of my ipod.