4. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Judgment of others, especially when it is unreserved.
5. What is your greatest extravagance? Hmmm… everything. I don’t have a problem spending money on things. Unfortunately I guess, as sometimes I spend too much money on other people. I guess I would conclude that people are my greatest extravagance.
6. What is your current state of mind? I’m not entirely sure to be honest.
7. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Patience :)
8. On what occasion do you lie? When I think I’m trying to help!
9. What do you most dislike about your appearance? My bum.
10. Which living person do you most despise? I currently don’t despise anyone.
11. What is the quality you most like in a man? Confidence.
12. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Confidence.
13. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? “Agh no man” and “hey” at the end of a sentence.
14. What or who is the greatest love of your life? I have 3 lovers… The Ocean, Red wine and Chocolate.
15. When and where were you happiest? I’m sure it was the day I took my first breath…I mean can you imagine the kind of relieved happiness that must be to take your first breath? Ok, on a more sane note… I have a lot of most happy moments stored away. The day my sister was born for one. The first time I fell in love, the second time I fell in love… every time I get to body surf in the ocean etc…
16. Which talent would you most like to have? I would have loved to be able to be a great guitar player with a good voice…Ok so that is two but they go together so they count as one.
17. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? The fact that I am impatient.
18. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Graduating from university after I wanted to quit.
19. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be? Myself, who wouldn’t want a second chance at life?
20. Where would you most like to live? At the coast in South Africa.
21. What is your most treasured possession? My brain.
22. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Dealing with the death of a loved one.
23. What is your favourite occupation? Heart or brain surgery.
24. What is your most marked characteristic? My smile.
25. What do you most value in your friendsThe fact that we could be away from each other for the longest amount of times but when we are together, it is like I saw them yesterday and we return to laughter immediately.
26. Who are your favourite writers? Stig Larsson, Ken Follet.
27. Who is your hero of fiction? Jack the builder in World Without End by Ken Follet.
28. Who are your heroes in real life? The Stormers Rugby Team.
29. What are your favourite names? Francois, Ryan, Simone.
30. What is it that you most dislike? Spiders, cooked carrots, raw onion, cheap wine and hangovers.
31. What is your motto?For life: it is what it is.For golf: The tournament is a lion fight. So: chin up, pull your shoulders back, walk proud, stride a little. Don’t lick your wounds, celebrate them. The scars you bear are the signs of a competitor. You’re in a lion fight. Just because you didn’t win doesn’t mean you don’t know how to roar.