The GolfSixes group stage draw will take place this afternoon, with Ireland confirmed as the final wildcard team in pot four.
Fans can watch live on Sky Sports News at 1.30 pm, when Sky Sports News and Sportswomen presenter Jane Dougall hosts the draw, with Lucas Bjerregaard of defending champions Denmark and the England Women’s Team of Georgia Hall and Charley Hull drawing the teams.
Paul Dunne and Gavin Moynihan will team up to represent Ireland, joining the 16 team field as one of four wildcard entries. European Ryder Cup Captain Thomas Bjørn and Solheim Cup Captain Catriona Matthew will become the first male and female professionals to play together in a competitive match play format on the European Tour when they form the Captains Team. They will be joined by Hall and Hull’s England Women’s Team and a European Women’s Team of Norwegian Suzann Pettersen and England’s Mel Reid.
Defending champions Bjerregaard and Thorbjørn Olesen will return to represent Denmark in the fast-paced competition as the 16 teams go head to head for a total prize fund of €1 million.
The second edition of GolfSixes takes place at Centurion Club in St Albans on May 5-6, 2018. The innovative short form of golf sees two-person teams from 16 nations competing around a six-hole circuit for a prize fund of €1 million – and tickets are available now HERE
Group stage draw
The top seeded teams in pot one have been pre-allocated to groups. During today’s draw, the remaining 12 teams will be drawn from three pots to create four groups of four teams, with the group stage matches to be played on Saturday May 5.
Denmark – Lucas Bjerregaard, Thorbjørn Olesen
Australia – Wade Ormsby, Sam Brazel
France – Romain Wattel, Alexander Levy
England – Matt Wallace, Eddie Pepperell
- Thailand – Thongchai Jaidee, Kiradech Aphibarnrat
- Italy – Renato Paratore, Edoardo Molinari
- South Korea – Jeunghun Wang, Soomin Lee
- South Africa – George Coetzee, Haydn Porteous
- Spain – Adrian Otaegui, Pablo Larrazábal
- Scotland – Scott Jamieson, Richie Ramsay
- Sweden – Alexander Björk, Joakim Lagergren
- USA – David Lipsky, Daniel Im
Pot 4 (wildcard teams)
- Captains – Thomas Bjørn, Catriona Matthew
- England Women – Georgia Hall, Charley Hull
- European Women – Mel Reid, Suzann Pettersen
- Ireland – Paul Dunne, Gavin Moynihan
The top two teams from each group progress to the knockout stages – the quarter-finals, the semi-finals, a 3rd/4th place play-off match and the final – all of which will be contested on Sunday May 6.