Great golf will not be the only thing on show during Solheim Cup week! Watch out for the wonderful wildlife too.
Get your wildlife photography hat on and win official Solheim Cup 2019 prizes.
The stunning Gleneagles landscape was formed by the forces of ice and water, scouring out lochans and depositing gravel and boulders, creating a landscape rich in native wildlife.
We’re inviting spectators to get snapping and submit your wildlife photos and captions for the chance to win some unique Solheim Cup prizes.
Things to look out for:
- A majestic bird of prey soaring overhead
• A red squirrel, brown hare or roe deer
• A close up of a wildflower, insect or butterfly
• A spider’s web in the rough
• Some fungi
• Bees on the heather
• Bark and lichens on an ancient tree
• A landscape view of the many types of habitat
Just snap something that catches your eye, add a short caption and tweet it to @2019solheimcup @sustainablegolf #solheimgreen or tag us on Instagram @solheimcup2019.
After the event, a judging panel will consider all the entries, and the best combined photos and captions in each age group will be awarded fantastic prizes.
The competition runs from 12:00 BST on Monday 9th September 2019 to 12:00 BST on Sunday 15th September 2019.
We can’t wait to see your amazing images. Good luck!
Age groups and prizes:
We’ll be awarding prizes to one winner and two runners-up in each of the three age categories below:
- 12 years and under
• 13-19 years
• 20 years and older
By taking part you agree to the following terms and conditions:
• Any images and captions submitted can subsequently be used and shared publicly by the 2019 Solheim Cup and GEO Foundation, in promotion relating to the competition
• You confirm the full agreement to share the image from all / any people who are recognisable in any images
• You respect that the judge’s decision is final and cannot be challenged (panel comprises representatives of the 2019 Solheim Cup, GEO Foundation and other partners)
• If successful, you will receive email notification from the Solheim Cup organisers to the Twitter, or Instagram account which you used to submit your entry, and you will be asked to provide postage details so that prizes can be delivered. You also agree that, as a minimum, we can name you as a winner in publicity